|FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE|
|Sally Johansson, +44.0845.653.1050|
|Lise Lewis, +44.7702.859.545|
|ICF HEADQUARTERS CONTACT:|
|Lindsay Bodkin, +1.859.219.3550|
Working Practices are defined for the Global Coaching & Mentoring Alliance (GCMA)
The dialogue at the first meeting of GCMA in Dublin on 27 February 2013 affirmed the purpose and we established core objectives, values and guiding principles for all parties in the alliance.
The purpose of GCMA is confirmed as professionalising the industry in the field of coaching and mentoring and is further defined as expressing a shared view of the practice of professional coaching.
The core objectives for GCMA are:
- To be the collective voice of professional bodies that clarifies, educates and strengthens awareness about our common ground for effective practice
- To facilitate exchange and distribute information for all industry stakeholders about shared good practice
- To focus attention on the wider impact of coaching and mentoring on society
We agree the joint values that underpin our professional bodies cooperation are:
The guiding principles that we choose to embody are:
- Use a coach approach to our interactions
- Honour and welcome all perspectives
- Always consider what is in the interest of the profession first
- Be member and market driven in our thinking and progressive in our actions
- Engage in dialogue before decision
- Synthesize, clarify and communicate
- Remember the GCMA is an alliance of professional bodies not a body in itself.
Future discussions will decide criteria for entry to GCMA.
Frequency of GMCA meetings: Quarterly